Alligerville is uniquely located where the Peters Kill flows into the Rondout Creek. The Hamlet got its start in the early 1800’s when the Delaware and Hudson Canal (D & H Canal) constructed a lock in the area to facilitate the transportation of coal and other materials along its waterway. Some of the original buildings in the Hamlet are beautiful old structures with architecture styles that include Greek and Gothic Revival. At one point, the Hamlet had its own grist mill, black smith, school house, firehouse, a tavern, a hotel, and community center. It also was the location of a dry dock for boat repairs. Since 2015 Alligerville is a designated National Historic District that has a number of notable buildings encompassed within.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.